Keeping laptop batteries last longer is essential but may not be accessible often. So, you want to learn about the longevity of a Dell laptop’s battery.
The Dell laptop’s battery lasts about 18 to 24 months as Lithium-ion batteries. But it depends on the user. In an average user, the battery generally lasts this time. Meanwhile, in a power user, the battery typically lasts 18 months.
However, many different and essential ways exist to keep Dell laptop batteries lasting longer.
In this article, I will share how long the Dell laptop’s battery lasts and how to extend the battery’s lifespan.
Table of Contents
- Things To Know About How Long Do Dell Laptop Batteries Last?
- How Long Should A Dell Laptop Battery Last Per Charge?
- How To Extend Dell Laptop Battery Life?
- How To Check Dell Laptop Battery Health?
- Should I Keep My Dell Laptop Plugged In All the Time?
- How Do I Know If The Dell Laptop Battery Needs Replacing?
- Why Is My Dell Laptop Battery Draining So Fast?
- How Do I Fix My Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging?
- At What Percentage Should I Charge My Dell Laptop?
- Is There Another Way To Charge Dell Laptop?
- Why Does My Dell Laptop Battery Light Keep Flashing?
Things To Know About How Long Do Dell Laptop Batteries Last?
Now, every PC company uses lithium-ion batteries in their laptops. And it’s a general talk that these Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable.
You have to know that a rechargeable battery’s lifespan is reduced periodically. Also, when time increases, the battery performance will spoil.
It also depends on the user to extend the Dell laptop’s lifespan. Furthermore, the battery’s lifespan depends on the user.
The Dell laptop’s battery lifespan should last 18 to 24 months for a general user. However, the Dell laptop’s battery lifespan should last approximately 18 months for a power user.
You can even extend the great Dell laptop battery’s lifespan if you consciously use your laptop.
Another essential thing is:
Dell doesn’t make any waterproof laptops because it’s not required. It is also very costly, and people cannot easily buy it.
How Long Should A Dell Laptop Battery Last Per Charge?
A Dell laptop’s battery lasts around 6 to 10 hours per charge. And it depends on various models.
Suppose you use your laptop for essential work like internet browsing, watching videos, or MS Word/Excel. In that case, the battery life will last longer, as claimed above.
But, you will degrade the battery life per charge if you are a power user. However, The high-end model lasts longer than a cheaper Dell laptop model.
Another important thing is:
You must reduce the brightness level if you use your laptop for a long time. The higher the brightness level, the lower the battery life per charge.
So, you should be careful about that!
How To Extend Dell Laptop Battery Life?
Here are some tips to extend the Dell laptop battery life:
- Turn off unnecessary functions. Also, turn off the wireless connections (like WiFi and Bluetooth)when not using your computer.
- Avoid using your laptop for too long time. And you’ll be taking regular breaks.
- You’ll have to keep your laptop at a cool temperature. And you’ll have to ensure that your computer has enough air vent to flow air.
- Do not overheat your laptop because overheating your computer reduces the battery’s lifespan and may damage it.
- You must disconnect your external device when you do not use your computer.
- Reduce the brightness for a long time.
- Turn on battery saver mode.
- Turn off the backlight keyboard during the day.
How To Check Dell Laptop Battery Health?
First, turn on your laptop. Then, press the “F2” key repeatedly at the Dell logo. Next, under settings, expand general, and select battery information.
Now, you will see the battery charge, health status, and AC adapter level on the right side. For more info, please watch this video:
Should I Keep My Dell Laptop Plugged In All the Time?
Due to the lithium-ion battery, you can always keep your Dell laptop plugged in. And the Lithium-ion battery doesn’t have overcharging issues.
When the battery goes to 100%, the battery automatically stops charging, and the laptop runs the AC power.
Do I plug in the laptop charger for the whole month and years?
No, don’t do that.
It’s best practice to discharge your laptop once a week, drain it below 50%, and recharge it at 100%.
On the other hand, discharging your Dell laptop daily is not a good practice.
So, unplug the chargers and turn off your laptop when you do not want to use your computer.
How Do I Know If The Dell Laptop Battery Needs Replacing?
If you face any problem with your Dell laptop battery, it doesn’t mean you have to replace it. But, sometimes, you have to do that.
So, try these troubleshooting steps to help result in common battery issues shown in this video:
Why Is My Dell Laptop Battery Draining So Fast?
Numerous apps operating in the background can drain your laptop’s battery.
On the other hand, heavy work, like gaming and video editing, can quickly drain your battery.
To avoid draining your laptop’s battery, ensure the system is set to use low brightness or advanced options.
Also similarly, many online connections can cause battery-draining problems.
How Do I Fix My Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging?
You can read this article about how to solve the Dell laptop battery not charging issue. Also, you can consider this video:
At What Percentage Should I Charge My Dell Laptop?
The best percentage of Dell laptops charge between 80% and 100%. And you can use the battery saver mode.
Besides, the suggested charging time should be one hour at maximum.
Drain your laptop battery below 50% per week, then recharge it at 100% again. Do not discharge your battery every single day.
Is There Another Way To Charge Dell Laptop?
Keep in mind that:
Always use your Dell laptop’s original charger to charge your computer. It could be unsafe to charge your Dell laptop with different methods.
However, there are three other ways to charge your Dell laptop without a charger:
- Suppose you have a USB-C power bank. Generally, it is used for smartphones. So, if you have a low-power laptop, charge it with a USB-A power bank. But remember that this power bank is a minimum of 12V or higher.
- You can use your car to charge your laptop if your vehicle has a USB-type connector.
- If your computer includes a USB-C port, you can charge it via a USB cable.
Why Does My Dell Laptop Battery Light Keep Flashing?
To solve the Dell laptop battery light flashing problem, try this technique:
Hold the “Fn” key, then press the “H” key. I hope you have solved the problem. Otherwise, contact a trustworthy technician to solve this problem.
Usually, Dell laptops last around 18 to 24 months. If you consciously use your computer, you can keep your laptop battery last longer than this time.
But keep in mind that do not overheat your Dell laptop.